ANIMAL | CHIROPRACTIC
Today, more people recognize that loving and caring for their pets extends beyond providing food and shelter. Quality pet healthcare is no longer limited to spaying and immunizations. With the emerging field of animal chiropractic, people are appreciating new ways for their pets to achieve and maintain optimal health.
Animal chiropractic offers non-surgical, drug-free options for correcting biomechanical, neurological, disc, and soft-tissue disorders related to a fixation in the spine or a joint. When vertebrae become immovable through trauma, injury or degenerative wear and tear, the joints between them become jammed, often affecting the nerves that are in these congested areas. Because the nerves are the communication links from these joints to the brain and spinal cord, messages to the rest of the body become interrupted, leading to pain and loss of function.
A Few Signs That Your Pet Could Benefit From Chiropractic Care
- Pain when being touched, pet or lifted
- Reluctance or difficulty when climbing stairs or jumping
- Difficulty when getting up after lying down
- Negative changes in attitude or behavior
- Altered sitting (“puppy sitting”)
- Changes in eating or eliminating
- Constantly licking or chewing paws
- Lameness or changes in gait
- Changes in performance
- Diagnosed conditions such as degenerative arthritis, disc herniation, and hip dysplasia
- Neurological conditions such as paralysis, paresthesia, seizures, and ataxia (“drunken sailors gait”)
More and more often veterinarians are utilizing animal chiropractors in their offices. By working in conjunction with veterinarians, animal chiropractors examine and treat areas of biomechanics and the functional nervous system that often go unnoticed by traditional veterinary care.
Animal chiropractic does not involve medications, surgery or injections, and is not intended to assume the primary health care responsibility of animals or replace veterinary medicine. Animal chiropractic is integrated with concurrent veterinary primary care.
Animal chiropractic is beneficial for older animals, injured animals, athletes, show animals, and family pets. Whether to enhance performance, address injury or illness, or simply for preventative care, animal chiropractic can make a positive difference in your animal’s life.
Call Our Office At 720.350.4353
We can talk more specifically about your pet’s health and how to schedule a free consultation.