PEOPLE | CHIROPRACTIC
How Do I Know if Chiropractic is Right for Me?
At Denver Central Chiropractic, our main objective is to see how best we can assist you with your health needs.
When you visit our practice, three things will happen:
- We will get to know you. You will never be JUST a file, or JUST a number.
- We will make it a priority to find the underlying cause of your health problem or concern.
- Most importantly, we’ll determine if we are the right fit for the health solution you’ve been searching for.
We focus on the relationship between the spine and the nervous system and how this relationship may be related to your current health condition or health complaint. Dr. Erin is committed to helping you restore the proper alignment of your spine, leaving you better equipped to thrive everyday and prevent illness. Your visit to our clinic involves a thorough analysis of your spine, typically including a digital nerve analysis, posture assessment, orthopedic and neurological exam, and if necessary, x-rays.
We work to find the underlying causes of your current or potential health problems and concerns using the latest methods available. Call our office at 720.350.4353 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
What conditions do you treat?
Chiropractors are especially well known for their expertise in caring for patients with back pain, neck pain and headaches. They also care for patients with a wide range of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system, involving the muscles, ligaments and joints. These painful conditions often involve or impact the nervous system, which can cause referred pain and dysfunction distant to the region of injury.
We most commonly help patients with:
- Arthritis and joint problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Disc injuries and sciatica - Golfer’s and tennis elbow - Knee injuries
- Low back pain
- Neck pain and headaches
- Numbness into arms and legs
- Overuse injuries from repetitive motions
- Plantar fasciitis
- Postural syndrome
- Shoulder pain, rotator cuff injuries, and frozen shoulder - Stiffness and muscle spasm
- Upper and lower cross syndromes
- Work-related and sports injuries
If you have any questions about whether we can help you specifically, please schedule a complimentary consultation or call the office at 720.350.4353.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care?
With regular adjustments, chiropractic offers a host of health benefits, and is vital for keeping your body balanced, flexible and functioning at its best. Everyone, from growing children to active seniors to your pets, can benefit from regular chiropractic care.
Some of the benefits of regular chiropractic care that are commonly reported by our patients include:
- Better sleep patterns
- Faster recovery from injuries
- Fewer days off work
- Greater energy levels
- Improved breathing
- Improved concentration
- Increased flexibility
- Improved immune system function
- Improvements in mood
- Improved strength and stamina
- Improved posture
- Improved joint motion and coordination
- Relief from arm, wrist, shoulders or elbow pain - Relief from back and neck pain
- Relief from leg, knee, foot and ankle pain
- Relief from stress and tension disorders
How much money will it cost?
This varies depending on the type of service(s) and the goal(s) you have for your health. There are several financial options at Denver Central Chiropractic. We offer individual or family care plans (including your pets) which typically is the best value for for achieving your health goals. Or patients can opt to pay per visit.
We accept cash/debit cards, checks, and all major credit cards. If you have a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account or a Health Savings Account offered by your employer the balance in this account can usually be allocated for health related services and products, including chiropractic services. We are happy to provide you with a receipt for reimbursement. Please verify reimbursement details with your employer.
We do not bill directly to health insurance companies but we will provide you with the necessary paperwork so that you may get reimbursed. If you have ‘out of network’ benefits we provide statements for you to submit for insurance reimbursements.
ANIMAL | CHIROPRACTIC
Is there a difference between animal and human chiropractic?
Adjusting an animal is somewhat similar to adjusting a human in that once Dr. Erin finds an area in the spine that has decreased motion she applies a gentle thrust to restore normal movement. Where things differ significantly is the anatomy and biomechanics of an animal compared to a human. This is why it is important to only trust a licensed animal chiropractor to adjust your pet. Make sure your animal chiropractor:
- Is a Doctor of Chiropractic or a Veterinarian
- Successfully completed one of the three recognized animal chiropractic schools: Options for Animals, Healing Oasis, or Parker Chiropractic College.
- Is certified by the IVCA (International Veterinary Chiropractic Association) or the AVCA (American Veterinary Chiropractic Association). Dr. Erin is one of a handful of licensed animal chiropractors in the Denver metro area. She is a Doctor of Chiropractic who successfully completed the animal chiropractic program at Options for Animals and is certified with the IVCA.
What can your pet expect from the first chiropractic visit?
Initially, a complete chiropractic examination is performed, including posture and gait analysis, checking spinal motion, muscle palpation, and looking for any changes in temperature over the spine. Then Dr. Erin will gently adjust the affected areas of the spine and return the joints to normal motion.
In general, your pet will have greater mobility, less pain, be more alert and better able to function after their adjustment. In some cases your pet may be sore the next day, especially if the condition is chronic and it’s their first adjustment.
The first visit may take up to an hour. Some pets are much more relaxed than others and can be adjusted easily, whereas others may take more time to get situated. Keep in mind Dr. Erin only adjusts your animal in their comfort zone. That way they only ever walk away with a good experience. Once an animal makes the connection that getting adjusted makes them feel better and that the treatment is painless they tend to relax, and subsequent visits don’t usually take more than 15 minutes.